- Application Closes: April 14, 2017
- Notification Date: On or before April 28, 2017
- If declining the scholarship, applicant must notify NVSBC on or before May 5, 2017 or applicant will be responsible for any expenses that have incurred to include but not limited to: conference fees, lodging and transportation.
When a scholarship is awarded it will include the cost to attend the Veteran Entrepreneur Training Symposium (VETS-17), transportation to and from Norfolk, VA, lodging costs while at VETS-17 and 2017 membership to NVSBC.
- Applicant must be a veteran and the majority owner of the business.
- Applicant’s business must have been established within 12 months of the date of application.
- Applicant’s firm’s primary focus should be federal contracting as a prime and/or subcontractor.
- Applicant will submit an essay, no more than 3 type-written pages in length, addressing the applicant’s goals for him/herself as a business owner as well as his/her business goals and how attending VETS-17 will contribute to reaching those goals.
- Applicant will include at least one referral letter from an NVSBC member.
- Applicant will include an estimate of travel expenses to and from VETS17.