On May 14, 2018, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU), Center for Verification and Evaluation (CVE) will begin the rollout of the new Vendor Information Pages (VIP) to support the Vets First Verification Program. OSDBU and CVE are committed to improving customer service and the overall Verification experience. The enhanced VIP will enable OSDBU to more effectively manage all aspects of the Vets First Verification Program, and improve the online experience of Veterans.
On May 21, 2018, CVE will suspend incoming case applications to facilitate the transition to the new case VIP interface. The suspension of incoming cases will last for approximately thirty (30) days. The suspension of incoming cases will include both new applications and applications for re-verification. CVE will continue processing previously submitted applications during the suspension. As such, any applicants (Veterans) that desire to have their cases begin the verification process before the suspension start date, should strongly consider case submission completion to VIP prior to May 21, 2018.
Major VIP enhancements include:
- Single Sign-On login process – You must have a DS Logon (Veterans) or create an ID.me Account (Non-Veterans and Representatives) to access the re-designed VIP
- Enrollment in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) is required to obtain a DS Logon
- DS Logon and ID.me account access instructions are attached.
- System for Award Management (SAM) registration and Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) validation:
- Automatic when the user inputs the DUNS
- This eliminates Veteran frustration when submitting applications with incorrect DUNS or incomplete SAM registration.
- New user specific dashboard capabilities and enhanced Veteran process enhancements :
- Easier uploading of individual taxes
- Ability to upload or create resume
- Easier ability to sign VA Form 0877
- Ability to designate a representative to serve as proxy for only specific designated owners
- Ability to track all verification application information in one unified location/view
- Ability to submit and track the status of Help Tickets
- New calendar capability to view appointments with Case Analysts
- Ability to automatically request/receive ten-day extensions for most document requests (not including risk or cancellation related requests)
- Application audit submission feature identifying outstanding tasks requiring completion prior to submission