By 2024, as the nationally recognized Veteran small business organization in the United States, NVSBC leads and promotes the growth, strength, and success of Veteran owned small businesses in the federal marketplace, resulting in federal policies and practices that prioritize Veteran owned business opportunities and reestablish and maintain veteran business opportunities for federal acquisitions consistent with all other protected classes.
NVSBC provides nationally recognized Training, Networking, and Advocacy for Veteran small business entrepreneurs in the federal market to ensure they are Procurement Ready and have enhanced access to opportunities to start, operate, sustain, and grow competitive and strong businesses serving Federal agencies and other government contractors.
The National Veteran Small Business Coalition (NVSBC) is the largest non-profit trade association in the country representing veteran- and service-disabled, veteran-owned small business (VOSB and SDVOSB) in the Federal marketplace. NVSBC works to ensure that veteran small businesses are given first consideration for federal prime and subcontract procurement opportunities.
As such we interface with Members of Congress, all federal agencies including the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Veterans Business Outreach Centers and large businesses to promote policies and opportunities to support veteran small businesses. We are a dedicated group of veteran small business owners who feel that an involved citizenry is our best solution to the contracting issues that challenge our community.
For over 25 years, various veteran small business groups have achieved success in advocating for Veterans to be seen as a viable force in the Federal government’s acquisition landscape. Beginning with the enactment of Public Law 106-50 in 1998, the Nation began to understand the earned benefits of honorable military service and Veterans continuing to serve their nation through enterprises and selling goods and services to the Federal government. Unfortunately, in spite of the best efforts of many Veteran small business advocacy groups, the Federal government continues to fall short of the acquisition goals mandated by Congress.
Purpose of the NVSBC
1. Engage Federal departments and agencies to promote policies and acquisition strategies that further participation of Veteran and service-disabled Veteran-owned small businesses in contracting opportunities.
2. Engage large business prime contractors to promote policies and acquisition strategies that further participation of Veteran and service-disabled Veteran-owned small businesses in subcontracting opportunities.
3. Provide an ethical forum for discussions between Veteran and service-disabled Veteran-owned small businesses and Government and industry decision-makers and leaders to further participation of Veteran and service-disabled Veteran-owned small businesses in prime and subcontracting opportunities.
4. Support the efforts of Veteran small business advocacy organizations in furthering the Veteran small business movement in Federal contracting to exceed mandated goals.
5. Engage other small business trade associations to further small business opportunities in Federal prime and subcontracting opportunities.
6. Engage other industry associations and organization to promote an effective and efficient Federal acquisition process.
7. Engage Congress, Veterans Affairs and Small Business Committees to ensure Fair and Equitable Workshare to Veteran owned firms.
8. Guidance and assistance on VA/CVE Verification Process.