The Directors National Veteran Small Business Coalition (NVSBC) is calling for nominations to serve on the Board of Directors. Three seats are being sought to fill positions held by current board members whose terms are expiring this year. The Board members whose positions are expiring include: John Condon, Tim Farrell, and Marc Goldschmitt.
The Nomination Process:
- Nomination forms and requirements can be found here.
- The deadline for receipt of all required forms and documents is 4:00 p.m. EST, Friday, May 11, 2018. Required forms and requirements should be sent to Heather Hayes, NVSBC Administrative Services Manager at Heather.Hayes@nvsbc.org with a courtesy copy to Heidi Gerding, President, NVSBC National Board of Directors at Heidi.Gerding@nvsbc.org
- Nominees for Board of Director positions are elected by NVSBC Members (Small) through an online voting process.
- Voting will begin on at 8:00 a.m., Monday, May 21, 2018 and remain open until 4:00 p.m., Friday, May 25, 2018.
- Voting results will be tallied and successful nominees notified of the results on Tuesday, May 29, 2018. Each will be reminded of their responsibilities to the NVSBC by accepting the position and asked to confirm their understanding and acceptance.
- Should an elected member decline their responsibility and thus their acceptance, the next candidate with the highest number of votes will be offered the position with the same expectations.
- Nominees not elected will be notified no later than Thursday, May 31, 2018.
- The NVSBC will seek nominations from the National Board of Directors only on Friday, June 1, 2018 who serve from July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019 for the following Officers: President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. Nominations for an officer position will end on Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. [Nominations and elections for Officers are reserved for the National Board of Directors only serving from July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018.]
- Nominations for Officers on the National Board of Directors will be circulated via email to the Board of Directors holding a position on the Board from July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018.
- The new National Board of Directors members will convene prior to the Members Meeting to vote for those seeking an Officer Position on the National Board of Directors. [This meeting is reserved for those currently serving on the National Board of Directors (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018), not the newly elected members.]
- New Board members and Officers will be announced at the Members Meeting at VETS18 on Tuesday, June 12, 2018.
- Newly elected National Board of Directors begin their roles on July 1, 2018. Their terms expire on June 30, 2022.