NVSBC is pleased to offer our 2nd annual Scholarship Program made possible by a generous donation from OBXtek as well as support from many of our members and attendees to the VETS17 Annual Conference. This program allows us to offer new veteran businesses a scholarship to attend the Veteran Entrepreneur Training Symposium (VETS) 18. The scholarship covers the cost of registration fees, per diem, and travel expenses. The scholarship will give the recipient(s) an opportunity to network with other veteran business owners, prime contractors and government agencies in order to gain the knowledge needed to do business with the federal government. VETS18 is scheduled for June 10th – 14th, 2018 in Williamsburg, VA (veterantrainingsymposium.com).
Deadline for applications will be Friday, March 30th, 2018. Applicants will be notified by Monday, April 16th whether they have been approved to receive a VETS18 Scholarship. Qualifications for applicants are:
- Applicant must be a veteran and the majority owner of the business.
- Applicant’s business must have been established within 2 1⁄2 years ( 30 months) of the date of application.
- Applicant’s firm’s primary focus should be federal contracting as a prime and/or subcontractor.
- Applicant will submit an essay, no more than 3 type-written pages in length, addressing the applicant’s goals for him/herself as a business owner as well as his/her business goals and how attending VETS-17 will contribute to reaching those goals.
- Applicant will include at least one referral letter from an NVSBC member.
- Applicant will include a description and estimate of expenses the scholarship will covered.
Recipients will also receive their first year membership to NVSBC as part of the scholarship! If you’ve already joined in 2018, we will cover your membership costs in 2019.
Please fill out the application form below. Please pass along the application to anyone you think would benefit from this opportunity.