NVSBC is pleased to offer our 3rd annual Scholarship Program made possible by a generous donation from AvKARE, OBXtek as well as support from many of our members and attendees to the VETS18. This program allows us to offer new veteran businesses a scholarship to attend the Veteran Entrepreneur Training Symposium (VETS) 19. The scholarship covers the cost of registration fees, 3 nights lodging, and travel expenses. The scholarship will give the recipient(s) an opportunity to network with other veteran business owners, prime contractors and government agencies in order to gain the knowledge needed to do business with the federal government. VETS’19 is scheduled for May 29 – 31, 2019 at The San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter in San Antonio, Texas. (www.veterantrainingsymposium.com).
Deadline for applications will be Thursday, February 28th, 2019. Applicants will be notified by Monday, March 11th, whether they have been approved to receive a VETS19 Scholarship. Qualifications for applicants are:
- Applicant must be a veteran and the majority owner of the business.
- Applicant’s business must have been established within 2 1⁄2 years ( 30 months) of the date of application.
- Applicant’s firm’s primary focus should be federal contracting as a prime and/or subcontractor.
- Applicant will submit an essay, no more than 3 type-written pages in length, addressing the applicant’s goals for him/herself as a business owner as well as his/her business goals and how attending VETS’19 will contribute to reaching those goals.
- Applicant will include at least one referral letter from an NVSBC member.
Recipients will also receive their first year membership to NVSBC as part of the scholarship! If you’ve already joined in 2018, we will cover your membership costs in 2019.
“VETS18 was such an dynamic experience! I had the opportunity to build relationships with the ARMY and DHS SBO, in which many connections have been made. Additionally I was able to meet TJFACT, Seventh Sense, and The Arcanum Group. I’ve met with all 3 companies several times since VETS18 as we plan out our FY19 pipeline to work together. We are very excited for what will shape up from these relationships. Thanks VETS18!”
Ebony Wilkins, M.S., PMP, CDFM
President & CEO
Aalis Management Consulting, LLC
VET18 Scholarship Winner
Please fill out the application form below. Please pass along the application to anyone you think would benefit from this opportunity.