NVSBC is pleased to offer our 4th annual Scholarship Program made possible by a generous donation from AvMedical, OBXtek as well as support from many of our members and attendees to the VETS’20. This program allows us to offer new veteran businesses a scholarship to attend the Veteran Entrepreneur Training Symposium (VETS) 20. The scholarship covers the cost of registration fees, 3 nights lodging, and travel expenses. The scholarship will give the recipient(s) an opportunity to network with other veteran business owners, prime contractors and government agencies in order to gain the knowledge needed to do business with the federal government. VETS’20 is scheduled for May 26 – 29, 2020 at The San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter in San Antonio, Texas. (www.veterantrainingsymposium.com).
Deadline for applications will be Friday, March 13th, 2020. Applicants will be notified by Friday, March 27th, whether they have been approved to receive a NVSBC Scholarship. Qualifications for applicants are:
- Applicant must be a veteran and majority owner of the business as evidenced by VA’s CVE verification or some other certification acceptable to NVSBCEF.
- Applicant’s business must have been established within 3 years of the date of application.
- Applicant’s firm’s primary focus should be federal contracting as a prime and/or subcontractor.
- Applicant will submit an essay, no more than 3 type-written pages in length, addressing the applicant’s goals for him/herself as a business owner as well as his/her business goals and how attending VETS’20 will contribute to reaching those goals.
- Applicant will include at least one referral letter from an NVSBC member or professional reference letter.
Recipients will also receive their first year membership to NVSBC as part of the scholarship! If you’ve already joined in 2019, we will cover your membership costs in 2020.
“It was honor and privilege to be a NVSBC Scholarship Recipient to attend VETS 19. Being a member of The National Veteran Small Business Coalition has contributed to the exponential successful growth of Directional Command LLC. NVSBC has provided not only provided valuable resources to navigate the Federal contracting work, but also arranges for direct access to procurement officials. The passion of the leadership and members of NVSBC to help each other succeed shows the commitment to ensuring fellow Veteran succeed in business. I plan on attending and encourage any Veteran Business Owner to attend VETS 20 in San Antonio. The contacts, content of information presented and camaraderie is guaranteed to help you grow your business.”
Edward J. Dort
Directional Command LLC
2019 NVSBC Scholarship Recipient
Please fill out the application form below. Please pass along the application to anyone you think would benefit from this opportunity.